Tuesday 14 July 2009

16mm, a world away from Oxford Street


16mm is only a block away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street, but yet it felt like I was transported to another part of the country, somewhere with time to wile away the day.

If I had been blind-folded and taken there I would have never known that I was in the centre of London. It was a slow, friendly relaxed atmosphere, however there was nothing slow about the service or the food.

The cafe serves not just a great salad, but also a darn good coffee. It is run by Brazilians who know how to take the time to make a good coffee. The bean was strong, but not bitter, not to my usual liking, but when a coffee is as well made as this that matters not.


The place: 16mm on D'Arblay Street


Vibe: a haven from the hustle and bustle if Oxford Street
Coffee: top of the line

No comments:

Post a Comment